I am not my hair: A panel discussion on ending hair discrimination
Time & Location
About The Event
The CROWN Act was created in 2019 by Dove and the CROWN Coalition to ensure protection against discrimination based on race-based hairstyles by extending statutory protection to hair texture and protective styles such as braids, locs, twists, and knots in the workplace and public schools. Join us for this panel discussion on the real life experiences in the workplace, the role of HR in ending hair discrimination and steps you can take now to support this movement, featuring panelists:
- Danielle Bly, Vice President of Supplier Diversity, WEC Energy
- Senator Lena Taylor, Wisconsin State Senate District 4
- Rebeca Lopez, Attorney, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
Hosted by LaShonda Hill, Head of Human Resource with Colectivo Coffee Roasters and Troubadour Bakery.
- NAAAHR Member Registrants$0$00$0
- Friend of NAAAHR-Milwaukee$15.75$15.750$0