Unapologetically Me: Creating a Workplace Environment that Embraces the Whole Employee
Time & Location
About The Event
From COVID-19 to countless senseless murders of unarmed black men and women to civil unrest, 2020 has been a traumatizing experience for many African Americans. Often we are expected to show up to work and perform as usual. This can be physically and emotionally draining. How can we empower ourselves while holding our colleagues and employers accountable to create safe spaces where we can be unapologetic and authentically us?
Join us for a guided where we will share a safe environment to talk about recent events and the impact in our personal lives as well as in the workplace, discussed through the lens of your perspective.
You will be able to:
- Listen and learn with the intent of understanding other lived experiences
- Gain knowledge and awareness of themselves and how they fit in potential meaningful actions and solutions
- Contribute to a healthier work environment and society as a whole
Leading the discussion is Terri Howard, Senior Director of FEI Behavioral Health. Terri has spent the last 30 years working with groups around the world providing training and facilitation discussion on diversity, trauma, and incivility. As an African-American woman, she also brings a shared experience.
Meeting details will be provided to registered attendees prior to the event.
- Member Registration$0$00$0
- Non-Member Registration$15.75$15.750$0